We cut our own stencils with a 0.010" end mill on our LPKF pcb milling machine.
For material we use 0.005" thick FR4 laminate without copper, purchased in big
sheets (2'x2' or so) from Insulectro (if I recall correctly).  I use the same
paste
in a syringe that we use for the occasional manual dispensing for stenciling.  I
just take the needle off and dispense a bead across the width of the stencil.  I
made a simple frame for holding the pcb and the stencil and use a putty knife
to spread the paste.  We do this for complex one-off boards as well as any
boards we make in multiples.

-- Ralph