On 11.08.12 10:07, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 11 August 2012 09:23:44 jeremy youngs did opine:
>
> > fellas I asked about this the other day for a reason, and took action
> > any body can join or form a group for any reason. The opinions express
> > were that we didnt have a spot for this and it may not be appropriate,
> > I took action because I believe its worth while Ive kept the group
> > private and only invited those in this list. As to licensing gene im
> > admittedly unaware. It is not directly lcnc related just a spot to use
> > for the time being, based on the responses I got back. I see no harm
> > in having a group outside of here that invites to benefit all. I also
> > being the owner and moderator If we wanted to set it up here would
> > give all the files freely to the organization.Hope I havent offended.
>
> Other than my wanting to call attention to the wiki, which AFAIK doesn't
> have any barbs buried in the TOS, Jeremy, no offense was taken or intended.

As the other contrarian arm-waver, I have to declare an offence-free
zone too, populated only with single-vote opinions, i.e. just my 2c worth. I'm
sorry if you've been warned off the wiki - wikis are user-generated shared
knowledge, and that seems to be what you're planning on collating. Some useful
LinuxCNC gcode examples, to simplify small jobs, don't seem terribly foreign.

... [ Description of Gene's G38.probe work for making double-sided PCBs with
LinuxCNC snipped. ]

> If someone thinks that might be suitable for the wiki, I'll see if I can
> get it there.  It would help if actual photo's could be uploaded but I've
> never tried that.

If convenient, then it would be nifty to have that use of LinuxCNC able
to be found by a wiki search, rather than scouting around various hosts
on the internet. If several of us have different techniques, then
several sets of words and pictures could save a lot of wheel
reinvention. (I'm curious about how we get LinuxCNC to mill the bits we
don't want, when photoplotter gcode specifies the bits we do want,
though not quite curious enough to go and do it all myself, when double
sided boards with plated-through holes are quite cheap, and I just go
for another load of firewood while waiting for them to arrive.)

Erik

--
Westheimer's Discovery:
   A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a couple of