On 16.08.12 04:15, Chris Morley wrote:
> While I don't agree so much with having delete available in the load program
> dialog, I see nothing wrong with a delete file option in the GUI.
>
> If I had a production machine that showed the cnc screen full screen, I think
> I would find it annoying to minimize the screen and use the file manager.
>
> In fact I could understand cases where I would not want the operator to use
> anything but the cnc screen.

Chris, that last sentence sums it all up, I think. I'm just not sure
that an operator who can't be trusted with anything but the cnc screen
should be deleting gcode files. But if the operation provided is to move
a file, e.g. from a "production" directory to an "inactive" or
"not_in_production" directory, then allowing a tidy-up within LinuxCNC
seems a good thing in a production environment. (Just so long as he can
move them back as well. :-)

Erik

--
Being owned by someone used to be called slavery -- now it's called
commitment.