Le 18/09/2012 11:23, Mark Wendt a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM, yann jautard <brico...@free.fr> wrote:
>> In the linux world, when a switch like that happens (for a user
>> interface or for a system library), the new version is always still
>> something I personally consider as a beta version, without most of the
>> "must have" features. So you just CANNOT be used to the new one, as it
>> is just not possible to do very simple things like sorting programs by
>> categories ans create a launcher on the desktop...
>> And also the old apps cannot be used with the new system, or you need to
>> recompile them for yourself, and solve a large amount of problems with
>> the new libraries. And be happy if you can solve them :/
>>
>> just my two cents...
>>
>> yann
> Well, that's kinda where M$ ran into a lot of security problems,
> trying to support legacy applications.  I'd much rather take the
> Unix/Linux approach, and have to recompile and rebuild, than spend
> weeks hardening a system just to keep a 15 year old piece of software
> working "like it used to."
>
> Mark

well, from an admistrator point of view, I of course agree with you.
But from the lambda user point of view, this is more another difficulty
to turn to linux than something good, I think.
Add this + the constant changes in desktop environnement like the one we
where talking about, and you got something quite repulsive for newbies.