2012/9/14 Stephen Dubovsky <smdubov...@gmail.com>

> Dave,
> The knee typically isn't under CNC control on a knee mill.  You move
> it up/down manually, lock it, re-touch off, and continue a program.
> Just wondering if its possible to keep track of the Z location w/o
> causing LCNC from running into the soft limits.

In my previous work I've been using two different CNC machines - factory
built - with the Z operating the knee. One Deckel Maho and one Abene. I
know at least four CNCified Bridgeport clones with knee operation.

I also now one machine that operates both the knee and the quill
simultaneously. Runs like a charm. :)

/S