On 10/18/2012 07:59 AM, Ron Ginger wrote:
> Any volunteers to give a talk?

I could spiff up my Intro to 3D Printing presentation and do an hour of
performance art:

http://softsolder.com/2011/10/11/lilug-meeting-presentation/

My talk for the local ACM chapter covered more of the math and modeling,
which may be too much tech:

http://softsolder.com/2012/05/18/presentation-for-poughkeepsie-acm-diy-3d-printing-hardware-software/

A 3D printer build class, along the lines of what you do with the
mini-mill, could be a lot of fun. Start with, say, a box containing a
Makergear M2 printer:

http://www.makergear.com/pages/m2-assembly-instructions

Gorgeous hardware and, from all the early accounts, great performance. I
kinda-sorta want one, with an eye to retrofitting LinuxCNC, not that
there's a pressing need for *another* 3D printer in my shop. [grin]

Given the venue logistics, I doubt we could pull off two build classes
in that lecture room, but ... maybe for 2014?

York sits on the outer edge of how far I can drive in a day; doing the
trip in April makes that day *much* more enjoyable. Ann Arbor might as
well be on the far side of the planet, alas.

--
Ed
softsolder.com