dave wrote:
> That is a really cool approach and I have the sensors but my project
> list is very long and due for some offset soon.

It was literally a one-weekend project even with no idea if it was going
to work.
I do a lot of small tapping here, so it was WELL worth the effort to put
this in.

I had to turn off the "electronic motor protection" on my VFD.  It
integrates
motor current over time, and all those reversals added up to too much.  The
mill motors are meant to do plug reversing in tapping operations, so they
can handle it without even getting warm.
Jon