2012/11/4 John Stewart <alex.stew...@crc.ca>

> Sven;
>
> My D525MW boards are not beside me ATM, but your correction seems to be
> about right, IIRC.
>
> Certainly not blindingly fast, but not too bad either, and little
> noise/heat.  I hope that their lifetime is long in my applications.
>
> My numbers, like yours, were higher than seen on the "latency numbers" on
> the LinuxCNC web site; I wonder if, as you have done, running headless is
> really the way to go for best latency.
>
> I'm thinking seriously about the Mesa 5i25; I'll need one for the spindle
> encoder for my CNC lathe project.
>
> BTW - I'd not bet on Windows to be a secure bet for long term CNC either;
> don't really know what either LinuxCNC or the Mach camp are going to do a
> few years down the road.
>
> JohnS.

Thanks John.
I actually hit near 30 000 ns when I closed a tab i Firefox. If you really
want to load FF, go to Smartclient.com or Vaadin.com and run the demo sites.
Seems I've found a good reason to actually have a Raspberry Pi inside the
cabinet, a perfect X host to unload the controller.
I'm not in a hurry to replace the controller all of a sudden...

@Kent, Max base jitter(ns). Shouldn't be ms of course, my bad quick
spelling slipped and I mean micro and not milli...
The rumour said that the D525MW should be able to make it in the 3-7 micro
region, seems not possible to me though.

/S