If you put neutral on terminal L1  and phase on terminal 2 and 3, it
will simply parallel 2 leg of the rectifier, this will change nothing.

If you don't have enough power, you can try to increase capacitor bank
by adding external capacitor (most VFD provide connection to DC bus).

Take care that a VFD supplied with 230V single phase will have a DC
voltage of about 300V, the motor as to be connected in triangle (low
voltage mode) to be driving efficiently.

Le 20.11.2012 23:28, Przemek Klosowski a écrit :
> Not strictly EMC but I am sure people here will know the answer. We all
> know that a 3-phase VFD can often be used off one-phase. Since all the
> current is then pulled off the one leg of the input rectifier, the standard
> wisdom says that you derate the VFD power in this situation by a factor of
> 2 or so.
>
> It occurred to me that since the input circuit should be just a 3-phase
> rectifier, it should work to connect all three input terminals together,
> and feed that from the single phase.
>
> Would it work on  the VFDs you're familiar with?
>
> I can see that, while equalizing the load across the rectifiers, this
> scheme doesn't help with power variation within the 50/60Hz cycle, so some
> derating is still called for, I think.

Togatec Sarl Claude Froidevaux Rue de l'Helvetie 31 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds