Never used a Bostitch framer but haven't heard many good things about em.  I
only have used Paslode and Senco framers.  That realy old super hard stuff
isn't all ways very good for much.  When I was redoing my roof, my Pasload
could only sink a spike about 2 inches into the 140yr old rafters and beams.
As long as I shot through new 2xs into the old the nails usually set fine (or
needed one or two good wackes to finish them off).  But When I dropped one of
those old rafters down onto the sidewalk it shattered like glass.  I thought to
my self, wow never seen wood do that before.