On Sunday 02 December 2012 10:53:44 Todd Zuercher did opine:

> Since LinuxCNC doesn't really support 64bit that is kind of a moot
> point.  Most CNC machine applications don't need hi-res graphics, so
> most users are fine with the default generic vesa driver graphics, at
> least that is all I'm using on mine.  All this was fine for me since
> the only thing the computer is used for is to run the machine.  If I
> need to do computer work, like cad cam or anything else, I use my
> office computer where I can sit down in quiet.

One of the advantages of the D525MW board is its gfx.  The one on the lathe
is feeding a Samsung 22" 1920xsomething TV whose tuner died.  My only
problem is that it faces the shop door, and has a dual 32 watt HE tube
light fixture right above it and only 2 feet away, so the display, while
razer sharp, is washed out by ambient light.  I've been looking for a
smaller monitor with better brightness that I can mount over the lathe
head, I've have a lot less crick in the neck after running the lathe as the
only place to put that big honk is on top of the tool cabinet, itself about
64" high, so I am looking up at about a 40 degree angle.  But all I can
find at Staples is el cheapo stuff with half the resolution, for $140 and
up.  Sad state of affairs indeed.

Cheers, Gene
It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood
Boulevard at one time.