Thank you John and Andy.  I've got my machine working almost exactly the way I
want: When my spindle is enabled/disabled I have a oneshot triggering a port
pin connected to a modified wireless remote for my vacuum system.

Now I just need to build a workaround for the ~4 s pulse I get on that port pin
when the computer is turned on...  I'm guessing I need to wire in a
delay-on-make lockout for the vacuum remote connection that triggers on some
output on the computer.

N.C.