On Tuesday 15 January 2013 23:23:30 Dave did opine:
Message additions Copyright Tuesday 15 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> >>my next
>
> project might be a nema 56 to pull logs thru my big bandsaw.  But that
> is still in the mental image stage because I'd first have to pour a
> slab to support the trackage to carry the log, then wrap a building
> around it.
>

> I'm pretty sure they call that a SawMill !
>
> I had some similar dreams but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> I have the space and I have some logs, just short on time.
>
> Dave

ATM, I'm out of logs, and running out of me, my back is falling apart.

Those I picked off the hill a block north of us after the direcho last year
have been fed through a friends saw at $75/hr, or laid and checked so bad
they're firewood now.  Too short for his big wood mizer.

Cheers, Gene
My views
Begathon, n.:
        A multi-day event on public television, used to raise money so
        you won't have to watch commercials.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...