On 28 February 2013 10:42, Klemen Dovrtel <klemen_dovr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any other option how to home the axis and bldc?

This quite an interesting puzzle..

One possibility might be to use a mux2 in the HAL to feed the value of
axis.N.motor-pos-fb.
Inputs would be axis.N.motor-pos-cmd and encoder.N.position.

So, in one state the feedback loop is completely short-circuited, and
in the other it works normally.

The Axis "Home" button explicitly starts the homing sequence. I
suspect that this could be deleted (or altered) in the .axisrc file
(but I am not expert enough in Python to say how).

What would be needed would be a GUI button that starts the bldc homing
sequence. Then the init-done signal would start the standard homing
sequence _and_ re-enable f-error checking via the mux2.

This still might not work. When the mux2 switches it may well be that
the f-error is big. I don't know at what point f-error checking is
enabled.

I thought you had the motors homing when coming out of e-stop? Much as
I dislike this approach it ought to avoid the problem:
e-stop off, f-error checking not yet enabled, motors initialise.
machine-on, f-error enabled, command position set to actual position,
so no f-error
home-pressed, motors search for home index.

is it possible that the real problem is the three-way debate between
bldc.index-enable, encoder.index-enable and axis.index-enable?

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.