On 1 March 2013 07:04, Klemen Dovrtel <klemen_dovr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, I thought the index and home is the same thing. In my case the index
> switch signals the absolute position on the axis, so there is no need for
> additional homing afterwards

Normally the index is used as a high-precision home switch, as an
adjunct to a mechanical or optical home-switch.
In your case the index is both the axis home and the motor home.

I think you probably need to use it twice. Note that the bldc
component uses raw-counts, which does not zero when the index-enable
resets, and the axis position feedback uses counts, which does reset
to zero on-index. I expect that it is this unexpected reset-to-zero of
the axis feedback during bldc homing that is causing the following
error problem.

This puzzle need input from someone with more idea than me about where
in the stertup sequence f-error detection is enabled, and possibly how
it is masked at the end of homing.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.