I was looking at Gcodetools for inkscape last night.

Its actively supported by Nick off the russian forums.  I was looking to
import an HPGL file to eps through inkscape and out with gcodetools.  I am
not there yet but moving along.

The wiki discusses gcodetools v1.2 .  Its already upto v1.7 making the wiki
out of date.  My plan is to figure it out then see what I can do about
updating the wiki.  Gotta figure it out first.

Brian