On 03/23/2013 09:51 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> All of these seem to need way more memory to work without an OOM tummy
> ache, on either the mill with 2G dram, or on this box with 4G dram.  PyCAM
> just took an OOM exit after running this machine 850 megs into swap, so
> this box is crawling on its belly.
   Though I haven't gotten gcode from pycam myself (yet), from the
videos I've seen, when you set it up to output milling gcode, it does
the silly raster scan thing.  When I saw someone doing what I would want
(2.5 D) they were setting the menus for engraving, and it still did
gcode for muliple passes cutting an outline.

   If you're already there, you don't need this, but maybe it will help
someone. Of course maybe I'm wrong, and can be corrected.  I'd like to
become proficient in openscad->pycam->linuxcnc, and eventually blender->
pycam->linuxcnc.