I have one of those. I bought it for a similar price a few years back. I
did look into making an inductive pickup for it but never got very far
as I also picked up a Renishaw LP2 probe at about the same time. I made
a QC30 holder for the LP2 with an infra red emitter that fires up the
hollow spindle on my BP Series 1 CNC (the tools are held by the flange
rather than using a drawbar). A simple receiver on the top of the
spindle completes the setup. The transmitter has a 1/2AA sized lithium
battery that lasts about a year.

Hopefully in the next couple of months I'll be getting a Hurco Hawk
which doesn't have a hollow spindle so I may look into using the MP3
probe instead.

Les