On 10 April 2013 15:18, Les Newell <les.new...@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hopefully in the next couple of months I'll be getting a Hurco Hawk
> which doesn't have a hollow spindle so I may look into using the MP3
> probe instead.

I was planning on using a hardwired connection, as the IMP module does
lose me some precious Z-height, but the tinkerer in me wants to work
out the clever system.
I was planning to make a "magsafe" style connector for the probe that
will break free in case of inadvertant spindle start.

I am undecided on what I will end up with.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.