just get a picture with something of KNOWN size in it raster it in a vector
program ( photoshop will do this ) import to autocad as dxf, measure known
point to point divide known measurement by measurement made in autocad then
rescale to the quotient  . trim all but desired out of dxf . import to
mastercam write program make :)
now how to do this with all linux programs well i havent got there yet but
when i do i will swear off bill gates forever:)
note perpendicularity of the photo is very crucial to get accurate scaling
this can be used with any photo sometimes to an accuracy of a couple of
thousandths depending on perpendicularity and the accuracy of the known
measured item

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to get the exact dimensions for the triangle pattern used in the
> wall and floor panels of Skylab. Looks like there are round holes, possibly
> threaded, where the triangle holes meet.
>
> Why that pattern? Because it's an interesting design and looks like it
> could be useful for other purposes, especially if the round holes are
> threaded.
>
> Anyone live near the Air and Space Museum? Would they allow someone in
> with a digital caliper to take measurements?
>
> The only other places I know of that may have those panels are the two
> Skylab simulators, if they were built to fully duplicate the two built for
> launching.

jeremy youngs