This seems to have been recently scanned, found it on Wikipedia. Isogrid hadn't
turned up in my previous searches for this.

Isogrid Design Handbook, NASA CR-124075, McDonnell Douglas, 1973
http://femci.gsfc.nasa.gov/Isogrid/NASA-CR-124075_Isogrid_Design.pdf

And skipping through a tone of theory, math, more math, lots more math and
other 'this is how we do it' stuff...

Page 42 has the dimensions of the panels as used on Skylab!

That would be so easy to have cut on a water jet. When were those invented? I'd
expect the originals to have been cut out with an NC mill, which would've
converted quite a lot of the plate to chips.