Is there some kind of tutorial that would help me understand enough to write my
own G-Code?

I’m wanting to make G-84 tapping cycle work.  I think it would need parameters
like F and Z, and perhaps a dwell time.  So my G84 would turn on spindle CW,
feed to Z depth at 95% feed F, stop spindle, dwell, spindle CCW, feed to
starting Z at 100% F, stop spindle.

I thought it would be a fun learning exercise to learn to make my own canned
cycles.

Thanks!

Roger Neal