Bruce Klawiter wrote:
> As well as running EMC2 I can us my mill manually. When using the mill
> manually I use the DRO in EMC2, how do I set each axis to zero without having
> to home the machine first. I get an error telling me It needs to be homed
> first.

You can set it to home where it is, then home each axis aligned with a
visible mark.  But, automatic homing, even to simple switches is
really helpful.  It allows you to set the machine limits of travel, then
when you load a G-code program, it immediately tells you that
the program exceeds some axis at line # so and so.  This allows
you to reposition the part so it won't run out of travel in the middle
of the job.  Saved me time and materials a couple times when I
had the part too close to the edge.

Jon