On 6/1/2013 5:42 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 01 June 2013 05:33:33 Gregg Eshelman did opine:

Some things never change.     A local company hired a new engineer who
made some drawings for a prototype machine.    Everything was
dimensioned in inches and the
engineer had 4 digits to the right of the decimal point on many of the
dimensions with no notes on required precision.   The local company has
a machine shop but they were too busy to make the parts
so they sent the job out to a large local machine shop that has a large
number of state of the art CNC machines.   The RFQ was returned with a
handwritten note saying that
they can make the parts as drawn, but that they would be unaffordable..
   please call to discuss.    :-)
I caught the frustrated machine shop manager as he was headed towards
the newbie engineers desk to chew him out for wasting his time.  He
won't make that same mistake twice!

Dave Cole