On 12 June 2013 18:28, Roland Jollivet <roland.jolli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's a piece of iron to you, then hack away. If you see value in it's
> authenticity, then why not fix it up and re-sell it, and put the money
> towards a more 'appropriate' machine. (presumably more recent)

Fixing it up will require at least some form of power-shaft and
leadscrew drive. Whilst I do have the technology to make up a set of
backgears, I doubt that anyone would want it even then.

To be honest I like the "Steampunk" ethos of a quarter-sawn oak CNC lathe :-)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.