From: Frank Tkalcevic [mailto:fr...@franksworkshop.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 28 March 2013 9:18 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) (emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net)
Subject: convert g1s to g2/3s

Does anyone know of a script that converts G1 line segments into G2/G3
curves?  In the src tree I found author.py which has an implementation of
the Douglas-Peucker simplification algorithm, but I can't see where it is
used.  Is there a script anywhere that uses it?

I want to use this to simplify the output of the 3d printer software Slic3r.
It only generates line segments which slows down my router.  Most of my
shapes have circle shapes, so it would be nice to use G2/G3.

I've tried a trial version of a program I found on the 'net, but it didn't
work because there are A axis moves on each line (A = extruder).

Frank.