On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Frank Tkalcevic <
fr...@franksworkshop.com.au> wrote:

> I've added my script to the Wiki,
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinesToArcs
> It will take a gcode file (only tested with Slic3r output) and convert the
> many short line segments back to arcs.  It can make a huge difference to
> print speed and file size if there are lots of arcs.

Frank, did you come up with the algorithm yourself? or is there a reference
(web-link, paper) I could read somewhere?

This would be very useful for opencamlib also. For slic3r G-code I guess
you can assume all arcs are in the XY plane, for opencamlib I'd like to
extend that to XZ and YZ planes also.

You have two tolerance parameters. From a user perspective only one
tolerance, the maximum deviation from the arc to the programmed g-code
lines would be preferable?

Is there a maximum and minimum allowed radius for the arc? (a straight line
is in theory just an arc with a large radius :)

Anders