2013/7/27 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>

> On 27 July 2013 09:16, Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to find documentation how to make a tool change happen.
>
> The basics are that the T-word sets the tool select pin and the M6
> sets tool-change-request pin.
>
> That is all that LinuxCNC does by default. You either need to write a
> HAL component or CL script to respond to the pin changes or write a
> remapped G-code routine.
>
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/structure.html#_remapping_toolchange_related_codes_t_m6_m61

When master becomes a release I will for sure use it. I need to run a
stable platform. Master maybe is stable enough nowadays? It seems that the
absolutely easiest TC would be a linear row, push it into the working area
with a pneumatic cylinder triggered by the tool-change pin, make a remapped
tool routine and then release the air pressure. I still prefer if I can
make a working carousel as it takes less space in the machine and can hold
more tools without becoming an elephant.

What is preferred code wise, HAL or CL?

/S