On Sat, 8/3/13, Dave <e...@dc9.tzo.com> wrote:

 Those Mitsubishi motors and drives have a really good
 reputation in the
 US.   I work with a company that puts them on
 some high speed lacing
 machines which is pretty much a torture test and
 they run and run.     If those are good
 drives, motors and gearboxes
 that would be a good deal.  Machmotion is selling a
 similar Teco servo
 motor/drive/gearbox setup.

 Dave

I looked up the specs on the HC-KFS43B. They're wee little things. Smaller than
the DC brush motors on it. For the Z axis I can't go any larger diameter than
the Baldor that's on it.

Rated torque of those AC motors is 1.3 NM, peak torque 3.9 NM.

I don't know the rated torque of the current motors, their peak/stall is 3 NM.
I didn't see any torque numbers other than the peak/stall when looking for
specs on the vintage ones. Dunno if 1.3 NM would be enough to move that large
table around, though it has ball screws and cogged belt reduction drives.

The MR-J2S-40B1 looks like it would suit me better since the label only shows 1
phase power input.