On Wed, 9/4/13, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Servo motor watts VS torque?
 To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Date: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 1:57 PM

 On 4 September 2013 20:36, Gregg
 Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com>
 wrote:
 > Since my "deal" on the Sanyo-Denki closed loop stepper
 motors and drivers is a bust*, I'm still hunting motors and
 drivers at an affordable price. (Which right now is as much
 under $1,000 as I can get.)

 This guy (in South Korea) is listing a lot of stuff.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FA-PARTS/SERVO-DRIVE-AMP-MOTOR-/_i.html?_nkw=3-axis&submit=Search&_fsub=456141017&_sid=542968597
 Note that is _only_  his 3-axis sets.

I've seen those, just don't know what wattage of motor is equivalent to or
better than the old ones. Another thing I've found is a lot of kits people put
together have two lower power motors and one higher power, intended for an
aluminum gantry where the moving parts are far lighter than the table on a knee
mill. I need the opposite, two more powerful motors and the Z axis one would be
fine if it's only as strong as the old one.

I contacted fa-parts through eBay with what I have a need for but no reply.
What's the point of doing business online if you don't respond to inquires
which could lead to sales?

Same story with the company that manufactures the connectors Sanyo-Denki uses.
They don't have the exact part number so I asked what they had that is plug
compatible and how much? No reply. No luck finding the connectors from other
sources.

The Yaskawa drives look like they use Centronics style connectors of the same
style in various sizes. I've seen the type at places like Mouser. The
Sanyo-Denki ones have 6 connectors that are all completely different, made by
at least three manufacturers. They put the manufacturers part numbers in the
data sheets but I couldn't find any other sources that will answer their e-mail.

This CNC parts business makes the worst of PC parts vendors I've dealt with in
30 years look like the pinnacle of responsiveness to customers.