On 5 September 2013 05:40, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The old motors were 5.8 amp cont, 30 amp peak. Stall torque 3NM cont. Max RPM
> 2400. Max voltage 140 DC
140V * 30A = 4200W
140V * 5.8A = 800W
3Nm * 2400 rpm = 750W

You probably want at least 750W motors, geared to suit any difference
in nominal motor speed.

My small knee mill seems pretty reasonable with 750W brushless servos.
Though I suspect that I am limited by software commutation at that top
speed end.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.