On Thu, 9/5/13, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Servo motor watts VS torque?
 To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Date: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 3:19 AM

 On 5 September 2013 05:40, Gregg
 Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com>
 wrote:
 > The old motors were 5.8 amp cont, 30 amp peak. Stall
 torque 3NM cont. Max RPM 2400. Max voltage 140 DC
 140V * 30A = 4200W
 140V * 5.8A = 800W
 3Nm * 2400 rpm = 750W

 You probably want at least 750W motors, geared to suit any
 difference in nominal motor speed.

 My small knee mill seems pretty reasonable with 750W
 brushless servos.
 Though I suspect that I am limited by software commutation
 at that top speed end.

The Servo Dynamics SDF1525-12 is rated at 120 volts so I assume the motors
never saw 140 volts. Still nearly 700 Watts.