On 09/07/2013 03:52 AM, Mark Wendt wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Kirk Wallace
> <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/2013 10:05 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>>> On 09/06/2013 09:32 AM, Mark Wendt wrote:
>>>
>>> ... snip
>>>
>>> ... snip
>>>
>>> I installed tightvnc on the LinuxCNC PC.
>>>
>>> For fun, I tried running glxgears through VNC and it failed. "
>>> Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0" Error: couldn't
>>> get an RGB, Double-buffered visual "
>>>

>> This seems to have fixed it: " sudo apt-get install
>> libgl1-mesa-swx11 "
>>
>> -- Kirk Wallace http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/
>> http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/
>>

> Excellent!  I figured it was missing libs or something like that.
>
> Mark
... snip

libgl1-mesa-swx11 looks like it is the software version of OpenGL
rendering and removes the hardware version, libgl1-mesa-glx.
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libgl1-mesa-swx11

It may be that libgl1-mesa-glx is not compatible with a VCN link, or
that VNC needs to be configured for my particular setup. I'm not sure
how to approach the problem yet, or if it resides with the host or remote.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/