From: Walter Cigana [mailto:walter.cig...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013 5:22 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: [Emc-users] Controlling LinuxCNC externally with C++ program

Hi all,

I am still Learning LinuxCNC and I again have a few questions.

I am trying to figure out the best way to "drive" LinuxCNC from a C++
program.

This program would receive general commands from the user, something
like: "execute procedure 1" and translate this into telling LinuxCNC to open
a specific file and run the G-code therein.

I saw that there is a Python interface:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/python-interface.html#_the_linuxcnc
_python_module

The doc states that "Programmatic access to NML is through a C++ API;
however, the most important parts of the NML interface to Linuxcnc are also
available to Python programs through the linxuxcnc module."

I do not really feel like learning Python, but I cannot find the C++ way to
do this.  I have seen some documentation, but nothing specific and I cannot
find any examples.

Ideally, I could just use an API from my program.  Can someone point me in
the right direction???

thanks,
Walter
October Webinars: Code for Performance
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and
register >