Wow, I didn't even notice the fact that it wasn't for Mach3.  Now you have me
concerned on which one to get.  Silver Button, with 18-Keys would be the one I
would want.. But, not
finding that one.. I see the Red button versions, with BLUE keys..
automationtechnologiesinc has the Red Button 18-Key that looks just like the
first ebay link I sent.. but, says
it's for Mach3.  I'm debating about wired vs wireless...  I hate getting stuff
from China sometimes.. hard to tell exactly what your going to get..  This is
for my little shop, so,
restricting me not a issue.. the room does that just fine.. only 7' x 11' :)

Thanks, Billy

On 02/08/2014 09:31 AM, Ted Hyde wrote:
> Billy - I have each of these. The "red button" one was the first I
> picked up over a year ago, before a lot of the "heavy lifting" was being
> worked on for the HID interface for LCNC; I thought perhaps I would find
> some time to reverse-engineer it, and worst case, I could give it to a
> friend of mine who uses Mach3. I couldn't get it to set up with Mach3 at
> all, neither could my friend, and it refuses to connect with the current
> HB04 components. Your particular ebay link states "Does not work with
> Mach3...." and that should be a warning, although the one I got didn't
> disclose that. I can't say if it's the same problem, or if the unit was
> defective, I couldn't even get the HID descriptor to decompile, so
> perhaps I just received a flaky unit.
>
> On the other hand, the "silver power button" version (actual HB04) I
> picked up about 6 months ago, worked perfectly right out of the box
> (profile 2 for the menu layout, I believe), I now have a second one, and
> both work fine simultaneously, in a shop that has 3 CNC machines, lots
> of neighboring industrial equipment, and even an RF testing lab a few
> doors down. I get a very solid 50+ foot range, it's just a matter of
> ensuring the right remote stays with the right machine. I'm typically
> the only one using the pendants, so I have an additional level of safety
> where there is typically only one in use at a time. Plenty of
> traditional control and estop on each system remains.
>
> I have no idea how each pendant is paired to its receiver, whether it's
> just a factory-side pairing, a serial number or GUID, or just luck from
> different batches at different times.
>
> I agree that a wired pendant is often more appropriate for daily
> operation because it restricts the operator physically, although a
> wireless one I've found to be very handy and I believe safer
> particularly for maintenance or during the building of a machine, to not
> be hindered by cords, where you can just place the pendant on anything
> steel (the back is magnetic) and it will stay there, and not
> accidentally get pulled off by the dreaded "coily cord" syndrome.
> (Admittedly, the cabled USB version of this pendant isn't coily, which I
> consider a good thing). And if you "forget it " there, the pendant is
> not likely to be damaged, just perhaps your pride.
>
> Kudos to Fred, Seb, Dewey & co for great work on that component
> inclusion. It's clean, stable, and I think "just the right amount of
> thought" for using a USB interface for this purpose.
>
> Regards,
> Ted.
>
> On 2/7/2014 11:55 AM, emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 11:49:19 -0500
>> From: Billy Huddleston<bi...@ivdc.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] MPG pendant
>> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
>>      <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

> [...]

Billy Huddleston Inner Vision

*William Huddleston
Inner Vision Development Corp*
Office: 865.560.2752
Fax: 865.560.2703

http://www.ivdc.com
*Development and Consulting... Simplified.*

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inner-Vision-Development/120023721424>
<http://twitter.com/ivdc> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ivdccorp>