On 02/24/2014 10:03 PM, sam sokolik wrote:
> I am surprised people still put up with me...  I do have a lot of help
> from the community.  The compact 5 configs using the latch and dual
> stepgens would not have been possible if not for Jeff and Chris's
> smarts..  (I am the big picture guy usually...)
>
> As far as machs acceleration violations.  I am pretty confident that
> they are real.  (again unless I am doing something wrong)  If you want
> to see some huge violations - run the tort.ngc program.  It has lots of
> diabolical motion.  (granted - it is diabolical) I think though you
> should be able to throw  any gcode to a control and is should process it
> correctly.

I saw a number of downward spikes where the velocity
suddenly dipped.
I can imagine those were times when the Mach driver was
unable to
get the CPU.  But, they appeared to be where the instantaneous
velocity dipped by 25 - 33%, which is a HUGE velocity
discontinuity
for a motor to follow.

I also noticed NO such dips in the LinuxCNC traces.

Jon