On 27 March 2014 11:08, aaron moore <aaronmo...@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting my router to run a fourth rotary axis nicely. It
> does the job. but rapid and cut speeds both seem very inconsistant.

A combined X/Y/Z and A rapid move will run at a speed such that all
axes arrive at the end-point at the same time. What you might be
seeing is the linear axes being slowed down because the rotary axis
can't keep up.
So, an X-rapid with an A-move will happen at very different speeds
depending on how far the A-axis is moving.

>  I notice that there is a configuration page for such a machine on the wiki
> site, but it looks pretty complicated. What benefits does it have over simply
> configuring with the stepper wizard,

Hard to say without the link :-)

--
atp