> You're right. Following the Mac philosophy, the user needs to be able to go
> to a single, easily found, place, and double click on an icon or filename,
> and the file should download then install itself.
> In fact, if there was a double-click installation of Ubuntu 12 and LinuxCNC
> that would be even better (but a few extra clicks or a bit of keyboarding for
> entry of personal or configuration details during installation would be
> acceptable). Anything more than that, and I'm guessing the average non-guru
> user will pass it by and find some other package that says it installs easily.
>
> Marcus

I understand that everyone wants things to be easy to use.   But if a
single click install is the requirement for a CNC application, the user
will be woefully disappointing when the CNC cards and components don't
just "plug and play".   Which is more than a little ironic since there
is almost nothing in the machine tool world that just happens with a
single click.

Dave