On 05/14/2014 10:59 PM, Ralph Stirling wrote:
> Ray,
>
> I think it would be best for you to spend some time reading
> through LinuxCNC documentation.  There are quite a few
> excellent manuals on the entire set of software, from G-code
> interpreter all the way to axis movement.
>
> Here are some suggested starting points:
>
> kinematics: http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/motion/kinematics.html
>
> block diagram of the system:
> page 14 of http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/pdf/LinuxCNC_Developer_Manual.pdf
>
> -- Ralph

Just what I was looking for!  I'm embarrassed I didn't find them looking
through the site.  I guess I didn't think of this as being a developer
issue, given it's a pretty settled function, as I understand it.

I'd still be interested in picking up a robotics text, if anyone has any
recommendations.

Thanks again to everyone for the education!  Back to lurking.

Raymond Julian
Kettle River, MN