Raymond Julian
Kettle River, MN

The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty,
understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system.
And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness,
egotism and self-interest are the traits of success. And while men
admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
-John Steinbeck, novelist, Nobel laureate (1902-1968)

On 05/14/2014 06:43 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 00:17, rayj <raymo...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a similar standard in the control of robotic arms?
>
> It is the same there. (Or it can be).
>
> XYZ is end-effector point in space (room coordinates).
> ABC are end-effector angles
> UVW (could) be ways to define moves in end-effector space.
>
> But that rather depends on if you are moving the robot in cartesian
> space or joint space.

There's what I'm trying to learn.  I'd never heard of joint space!  Does
this stuff fall under the category of "robotics" or "kinematics", or what?