On 05/28/2014 12:28 AM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> I'm trying to make a component to add an offset to the X axis of a
> grinder to compensate the radius of the wheel and then grind lobes with
> the shape previously generated and loaded into that component.

I would do all that with G-code.

> The problem is that, whatever component I try to build, no matter if
> it's mine, or if I copy and paste one of the examples on the docs I
> always get the same error message. I'm using LinuxCNC 2.5.4 on ubuntu
> 10.04, I installed the latest Live CD available on the website.
>
> This is the source code of the example component I created and I can't load:

Thanks for the detailed debugging info.  I can reproduce the behavior
you're reporting.

There is a check in halcmd that when you loadrt a component, it expects
the name of the file and the name that the component reports for itself
(via hal_init()) to be the same.

If you either rename the file to sincos.comp, or change the "component
sincos;" line to "component senito;", then it works for me.

It's an omission in the documentation of "halcmd loadrt" and/or comp(1)
that this naming requirement is never stated anywhere.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky