On Thursday 17 July 2014 05:07:00 Mark Wendt did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Its running now, but I had to bring both drives in here and run gedit
> > to partition & format them.  The 250Gb's / partition was not
> > recoverable, but gedit reformatted it just fine.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Gene,
>
> Did you mean the "disks" utility, or is there a nifty plugin for gedit
> which allows you to partition and format a disk?
>
> Mark

Nah, damned typu Mark, shoulda been GParted.  Sorry bout that. :(
Now I am trying to convince amrecover to extract the /home/gene/src, and
/home/gene/linuxcnc directory trees. But the "tape-server" is refusing the
connection.  Probably a missfire in the master perms file because I'm
running amrecover as root.  Bad dog, no biscuit.  And a case of where not
having a real root account is a PIMA.

Thanks Mark.