Hi to all.
A few years ago I made the electrical/electronic/software integration of
such a kind of machine.
An industrial grade sewing machine adapted/converted in the way to
automatically sew labels on clothes (jackets mainly) with a programmable
but fixed path .
Programmable because the operator can define the stich length , the sewing
line lenght (so the number of stiches is automatically calculated) and few
other parameters that define the complete sewing path on the label.
Due to the company request (low as possible price cost, motors with
position feedback, operator interface for the parameter programming, sewing
recipe storage, easy to use, machine diagnostic and more...).
At that time no interpolation needed due to the rectangle shape of the
label and only linear stiches.
I got an "hybrid" solution with :
- 1 PLC (Schneider Electric Twido + 2 RS485 modbus com ports 1 for the HMI
and 1 for the axis position controllers)
- 1 small HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- 1 servo drive+motor with encoder feedback for the up/down needle movement
(it's driven by a rotary to linear machanical kinematic) controlled by one
closed loop position controller (modbus communication built in + on board
I/O and programmable with C style routine)
- 2 stepper drives+motors for the X-Y axis with encoder feedback controlled
by closed loop position controller (modbus communication built in + on
board I/O and programmable with C style routine)
The application can appear "trivial" but it is not especially because of
needle speed and sycronization between the needle position and the X-Y
movement.
During the sewing the X-Y can move only when the needle it's outside the
label otherwise the needle can be broken and the clothe/label can be
damaged .
That's why the position feedback is needed.
Additionally the command for some actuators sycronized to the sewing cycle
+ sensors, pushbuttons, button lamps management.
I would like to discuss with you what do you think about the conversion to
LCNC.
I show to you a picture of a similar application just to clear my words as
much as possible.

​
Regards

Alex