Hi,

Old drivers was left and they are step/dir servos, encoders were wired
up to 7i77 so it was closed loop step/dir servo.
Company is using specific cam for quilting designs, don't know name
(name was somehing like WINPROG, WINPRO, PROGWIN).
Needle has one parameter in hal - speed nothing more.
gui from requested needle rpm and width of sewing and max machine
velocity calculate RPM needed to achieve sew length at max machine velocity.
then that velocity is scaled down in hal according to xy velocity.
So let say
machine max vel = 6000 mm/min = 100mm/s
req needle RPM is 3000 = 50 rps
sew width is 3mm

if you run machine at 6000mm/min with rpm 3000 then it will sew 2 mm.
so to make 3mm you must slow down req RPM to 2000

regards
Michael