On 03.10.14 10:29, andy pugh wrote:
> But, this leaves no scope for the (I shudder to mention this even
> amongst GOTO advocates) computed GOTO.

ISTM that the computed GOTO went extinct around the time that the more
structured switch statement invaded that ecological niche in the
programming world. Since our cpus are sufficiently faster than the
machinery they control, there is no tangible run-time cost to
synthesising a switch and its cases with "if ... elseif ... endif", I
figure.

So we can safely run away without opening Pandora's can of worms, as
Gene might adroitly put it.

Erik

--
Some [people] feel that the best way to improve Perl would be to go
back in time and shoot the author before he wrote it.