Seems to me every language has a GOTO that is not called a GOTO rather the
GOTO is embedded in an if/then etc....

Also, fortran is "Formula Translation"? If so, then every attempt at
translating a mathematical algorithm into the 'language of choice' would
necessarily 'look' like fortran. no?

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Friday 03 October 2014 06:59:31 Erik Christiansen did opine
> And Gene did reply:
> > On 03.10.14 10:29, andy pugh wrote:
> > > But, this leaves no scope for the (I shudder to mention this even
> > > amongst GOTO advocates) computed GOTO.
> >
> > ISTM that the computed GOTO went extinct around the time that the more
> > structured switch statement invaded that ecological niche in the
> > programming world. Since our cpus are sufficiently faster than the
> > machinery they control, there is no tangible run-time cost to
> > synthesising a switch and its cases with "if ... elseif ... endif", I
> > figure.
> >
> > So we can safely run away without opening Pandora's can of worms, as
> > Gene might adroitly put it.
> >
> > Erik
>
> That is a mixed metafore but good for a chuckle. Fairly accurate, I would
> be the first to say I resemble that remark. I like it & will assume its
> flowers.
>
> Thanks Erik.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> US V Castleman, SCOTUS, Mar 2014 is grounds for Impeaching SCOTUS

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.