On Monday 06 October 2014 16:10:21 Dave Cole did opine
And Gene did reply:

> >>Most folks my age think a walk to the mailbox at the curb is half a
>
> days work.<<
>
> Very true.
>
> Sounds like 80 is treating you pretty well so far Gene.
>
> I sat down at the barbershop on Saturday and starting talking to the
> man next to me about the wait.
>
> He paused and said, "how old do you think I am".    I had no idea, so I
> said, 72.
> He laughed and said 94.   That is my son getting his hair cut and he is
> just getting ready to retire, so I'm starting to feel old.
> He said he just had to give up driving after having a small stroke.
> (Which didn't seem to slow him down.)
> But he didn't like that since now he was dependent on other people
> for transportation.  He still lives on his own.

Thats great!

> I hope I do that well!
>
> Dave

I hope you do too, Dave.  My arthritis is getting fairly serious, skin
cancers are on sale cheap, but as long as I can keep the thinker working,
I am all for waking up the next morning.  When the strokes take the
thinker, then its pretty much done IMO.