On 10/6/2014 1:48 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 06 October 2014 05:03:12 Mark Wendt did opine
> And Gene did reply:
>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
>>> On Sunday 05 October 2014 11:51:58 W. Martinjak did opine
>>>
>>> And Gene did reply:

>>> Does the phrase 'keeps me out of the bars' sound familiar?  I think
>>> it applies to me to a certain extent.  But don't let that color
>>> things too much, cause even if I do go to the bar, I'm thumping a
>>> cane along with me as I go most of the time. :)
>>>
>>> If I had known I was gonna live this long, I would have dumped the
>>> 10' high & bulletproof persona 60 years ago.  I've been hard on me
>>> in other words. :(
>>>
>>> Thanks for the flowers, this kind may be forgotten, but they don't
>>> wilt if I forget to water them. ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>> Jeez, I dunno Gene.  He's comparing you to a Linux editor...  ;-)
>>
>> Mark
> Yeah, I thought of that too Mark, but even at 80 yo, 2+2=4, so I figured
> he was talking more about the things I've gotten my hands dirty fooling
> with.  Most folks my age think a walk to the mailbox at the curb is half a
> days work.
>
> But today I am going to try & take an afternoon nap as I was up about 7:11
> & drove the last of my boys who were here for my birthday the roughly
> 135-140 miles to the airport west of Pittsburgh, on my morning vitamins,
> and 1 small cup of the motels coffee.  After dropped them off in front of
> the Delta counter at PIA, I detoured & found a McD's where I made 3
> breakfast burrito's disappear.  And just a few minutes ago pulled into the
> house after nearly 300 miles of bad traffic, grabbed a beer which is
> evaporating at a high rate, and will see about that nap when its dry.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

>>Most folks my age think a walk to the mailbox at the curb is half a
days work.<<

Very true.

Sounds like 80 is treating you pretty well so far Gene.

I sat down at the barbershop on Saturday and starting talking to the man
next to me about the wait.

He paused and said, "how old do you think I am".    I had no idea, so I
said, 72.
He laughed and said 94.   That is my son getting his hair cut and he is
just getting ready to retire, so I'm starting to feel old.
He said he just had to give up driving after having a small stroke.
(Which didn't seem to slow him down.)
But he didn't like that since now he was dependent on other people
for transportation.  He still lives on his own.

I hope I do that well!

Dave

---
is active.