On 11/19/2014 03:53 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 19 November 2014 03:43, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
>> I have also sold over 100 of the Pico Systems resolver to
>> quadrature converter board.
>> They can be used with any system that needs a quadrature
>> encoder signal.
> It should also be possible to use this with the "bldc" HAL component
> to synthesize Hall sensor signals for a drive that requires them (or
> direct phase amplitudes)

The problem is as our resolver converter is, NOW, it only
produces quadrature
plus index.  So, until the motor is moved to the index
position, there would be
no absolute angle indication for commutation.  The AD chip
gives absolute
angle output which we bring out to a header, so an
additional board could
be put in to generate the commutation signals from that.
But, it would need
to know the number of motor poles and the angular offset.
So, such a board
hasn't been designed.  If enough people needed such a
feature, we could come
up with it.

Jon