All the machines in our shop (Cincinnati Milacron, Fagor, Hermle, just
to name a few) that are able to perform a jog move during a
paused/feedhold state, take a straight and direct path back to where the
pause was enabled, at whatever the maximum jog speed rate is.

In saying this, we acknowledge that if we are say, cutting a bore in a
part on a turning center, hit feedhold during a program, retract out,
and jog up, replace or rotate the cutting insert, that you ABSOLUTELY
HAVE TO jog back down to a point at or below where the cut was being
made, or the obvious happens, you buy a new piece of material, and work
on the machine for the next 2 shifts to replace broken taper pins, and
realign the turret and whatever else broke in the mayhem.

Thanks

Rick